Hello From Vancouver B.C Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello From Vancouver B.C Canada

Hello everyone my name is Hiro. I'am a former 87 Renault GTA owner.I loved my car,had a red one.will look for my pictures of me and car and will post soon. I had it from 1988 to 2000 in which i gave up car because there is not much parts availability in Vancouver. There was no aftermarket support either.Car was no longer running in 2000 due to blown transmission,cracked block.I really wish i knew about this site back then i would still be driving car today.I kept car pretty much stock,i changed exhaust and thats about it. In the time i had car i tried four sets of tires, Yokohama A008 and AVS Intermediates ,Dunlop D40m2 ,and finally Goodyear Eagle Gatorbacks.All were 205 50 15.I had to curl in rear fenders because of rubbing. AVS was best tire for wet weather.I would like to find another GTA or a R5 GT Turbo next year hope you all can help me find them when time comes.Oh almost forgot my father owned a 80 R5 LeCar i think it was called the "Black Beuty" from 1980 to 1988 then he bought a Suzuki Samurai and i got the GTA. I will look for pictures of R5 and will post both as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Hirowazu; 10-24-2010, 10:19 PM.

Hi,
    I'm in Québec and i have a r5 gt turbo,it was imported from france in summer 2007.

Comment

With a friend in Québec

Comment

Wow, the red one is amazing. Really nice colour. I'm owning Renault 5 Campus in silver, original colour from new.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirowazu View Post
          Hello everyone my name is Hiro...
          Oh almost forgot my father owned a 80 R5 LeCar i think it was called the "Black Beuty" from 1980 to 1988 then he bought a Suzuki Samurai and i got the GTA. I will look for pictures of R5 and will post both as soon as possible.
          Hmmm, maybe a stretch, but I wonder if it was your fathers car that ended up at a small Japanese car repair shop in N. Van on esplanade. The car was lowered on gold mags? If so, I bought it for parts about 10-12 yrs ago. The car is gone but peices of it live on.

GTA's still sell around here on occassion, only ever seen one 5GT locally.

Comment

Charging station Solar & wind powered

I am working with Chuck and Enviro-energies to have a universal solar&wind powered charging station with an SAE J1772 universal plug which fits the new Renault ZE electric. Shades of the 1997 XEBRA which had quick battery exchange tray. I am still going to restore my mother's 1985 Renault-alliance 1.7 liter. So, I am working with the old and the new of Renault. I sure do need parts.
            Darling

Comment

Thanks for the reply. conference today for the fluence charging station.
              Darling

Comment

Hello Hiro, This is jessica here and i am from Los Angeles..
                Last edited by jessica001; 05-13-2011, 04:49 AM.

Comment

This car is now in Virginia USA

Originally posted by capitainecaverne View Post
                  Hi,
                  I'm in Québec and i have a r5 gt turbo,it was imported from france in summer 2007.

1970 Citroen Mehari
                  1988 Renault 5 GT turbo
                  1990 Porsche 964 C2 Group G race
                  1988 Renault 4L GTL (coming soon)

sigpic

Comment

Telsa is now coming with a 450 Volt quick charger, Better place chargers and battery exchange station will be dark in three weeks. No word from Renault or Nissan. The 1985 Renault Alliance dl is at AAMCO in Hemet rebuilding the transmission again.

Comment

Still looking for fore clutch on an MB3 Transmission.

Comment

Working...
                      X