Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For my First Renault

Good Evening,

My name is Cody and I am a 30 year old Renault fan from the Los Angeles area. I first joined the club a few years back looking for a Caravelle, but I realize that a Caravelle is beyond my budget for the time being. Also, me and my wife now have twin boys, so a four seat Renault is a must.

I am on the hunt for a nice R10, R16 or round headlight LeCar, preferably one in the Socal area. Now, what may be the deal breaker is my budget: with twins and replacing our broken refrigerator, my budget is now in the $2,500 to $3,000 range. Is it possible to purchase a good running example of one of the above models in this budget? If so and if someone is interested in selling one, please let me know! I've already been eyeing a nice '78 LeCar in the LA area, but the price seems steep. Anyways, I look forward to being a new member and will be visiting at The Best of France and Italy on the 7th! Thank you for your time!

Socal is a good place to be looking for a vintage Renault. There should be a number of rust-free cars. It is harder to find a solid example here in the east. Take your time, especially on a tight budget. You might also consider a late Dauphine (62 and later). I had a round headlight LeCar many years ago - I like the round headlight look better. I never owned an R10, - nice cars and not too many people in the US want them, so even a good example should be inexpensive. I don't think there are too many people looking for the R5 or R16 in the US either. I am completing an exhaustive restoration of a 1959 4cv. The 4cv is cute, but is not as refined as the Dauphine and later Renaults.

Comment

Thank you for the great info mrfixit64! Actually, I'm going to change it up a bit as our vehicle needs have changed. As me and my wife have twin boys and a St. Bernard, I would like to find a classic family hauler to carry everyone and our gear around. A vintage van such as a VW Bus (too expensive) or Dodge A100 would be great. With that in mind, are their any Estafette passenger vans in the USA? I know they were made and sold in Mexico, maybe a few trickled into the USA..

Comment

Working...
      X