My Alliance projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Alliance projects

The red one is the wife's 1985 DL currently in restoration, the black one is my 1986 DL, set for restoration as soon as i'm done with hers. The other two are for parts. Most of my friends think i'm nuts for doing this

Originally posted by cvslawrence View Post
    The red one is the wife's 1985 DL currently in restoration, the black one is my 1986 DL, set for restoration as soon as i'm done with hers. The other two are for parts. Most of my friends think i'm nuts for doing this

Don´t listen to your friends.When you finish the restoration of the 2 Alliances people look at you with jealously and they will want to have one like the yours.

Un saludo desde España

Paco

Comment

I think the same. You are gonna have some good head turners
      Fernando Zavala
      Alliance 1985 Limited
      Encore 1986 GS
      Encore 1986 Electronic

http://www.kioscomusical.com

Comment

are all those parts still available for these cars ?

would love a 3 door renault 9

Comment

projects

Schakal, most of the mechanical parts are still available, but they are getting harder to find. I must admit, i am currently hoarding all the parts i can get, as i plan on these cars being on the road for 10 yrs after restoration. It's mostly the trim pieces that are hard to find, window moldings being not available has been the worst problem, and have yet come up with a good solution for their replacement. I am currently looking at universal moldings that may be adapted to look original. Thanks for the nice comments guys, yes they will be head turners!

Comment

Put more pics of the great work of restoration.

In order of things I had a carburation problem with my Renault 6 and I had find a motorcycles mechanic named Omar,cuban boy.He have put my carburettor in order and now my 6 runs again.Today I have put gas on my 6 and I have been riding with it by Toledo.People looks my car and comment so rare is to see now a Renault 6.All streets are full of modern cars but my 6 is only 30 y.o.

Renault 6 was a luxury Renault 4 with 5 door body like Renault 16 but only with 1.1 litre engine. Last owner was an old man who died and her wife sold me so cheap.Is´t electric blue body color all original.

As soon as I can will put some pics of my loved 6.

Saludos desde Toledo

Paco

Comment

85 Alliance DL

Here's a few more pictures of my progress

Comment

I like black one
                Last edited by watson88; 01-03-2012, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Yes the black one is my favorite, but i have to get the wife's car done first. But that gives me a practice car to work on first

Comment

Hi csvlawrence.
                    I saw that you came on the renault alliance club forum.
                    It would be great if you could create a subject and speak about your restoration project
                    Most of the members of the club speaks english (bad english, but english)
                    Maronze (member of the racp club)
                    Sans la capote, c'est bien meilleur !
                    ------------------
                    French Renault Alliance Club

Comment

Racp

Marzone, yes i have joined the RACP, and would like to share my projects with your group. I have tried to start a new post to include pictures, but i can't seem to find the right way to add the pictures. I am starting to think i may have a software conflict that won't allow me to add pictures. I followed Cyrill's directions with no success, but i will continue to try until i find the right way

Comment

if you want, I can create it for you and put the images I see on this page.
                        after that, you complete it.
                        just tell me
                        Kr
                        Sans la capote, c'est bien meilleur !
                        ------------------
                        French Renault Alliance Club

Comment

Maronze, first i must apologize for misspelling your name. I have had email contact with Cyrille and he has offered to do the posting for me as well. I have left the matter in his hands and already posted the script for the pictures. I thank you for your kind offer, and if i need your help, i will be in contact!

Comment

http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/work-...ss-29404-0.php Here are some pictures of the work i have been doing to Brenda's Alliance DL. Still a long way to go, but the mechanical work is almost done!
                            Last edited by cvslawrence; 03-16-2012, 10:52 AM. Reason: link error

Comment

Originally posted by cvslawrence View Post
                              http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/work-...ss-29404-0.php Here are some pictures of the work i have been doing to Brenda's Alliance DL. Still a long way to go, but the mechanical work is almost done!
                              Fixed the link to the pics

Comment

Working...
                              X